Monday, October 24, 2011

Bend Film Festival


The last time I was at the Bend Film Festival was 3 years ago, and although I had a great time, they really bungled up my film schedule.

This year I was there in a much more high-profile situation. I had a tiny art exhibition at a coffee shop, and a short that I storyboarded, “The Ingrid Pitt Story”, was playing, along with “Guard Dog Global Jam”, and Alexia Anastasio's wonderful documentary, “Adventures in Plymptoons”.

I was also there as a shorts judge, and the MC of the closing ceremonies. Bend Film is the kind of festival that maximizes your visit.

You'd think with all these high-profile events, we'd get huge crowds for the documentary about me, but there were usually only about 20-30 people for each screening.

Alexia and I had an intense argument as to the reason – she thinks it's because we've got bad screening times, I say it's a matter of publicity. People who see the film love it, or so they say – maybe it's just that no one gives a shit about Bill Plympton. Anyway, this is a very serious dilemma for Alexia and I. We've put a lot of time, energy, and money into this film and we really want it to find its audience. If you have any ideas, please let us know, at plymptoons@aol.com



No comments:

Post a Comment