Monday, February 27, 2012

Boulder




In the spring last year when I was doing an appearance at a Denver event, I made a side-trip to Boulder and just by accident ran across the Boulder Film Fest offices. I decided to stop in and met the two lovely directors of the Fest, Robin and Cathy Beebe. They invited me to return to the festival in February, so I took them up on their offer, so long as I could stay at the Boulderado Hotel!



So Sandrine and I arrived at the beautiful historic Boulderado Hotel (circa 1909). I showed "Adventures in Plymptoons" to great audience applause, and also did a Master Class.


But the highlight was meeting William Macy -- I attended his "Conversation", very witty and informative. He said that he told the Coen Brothers that if he didn't get the part of Jerry Lundegaard in "Fargo", he would shoot their dog. Wow, and I thought animation was tough!


Another great evening was seeing the film "Jeff, Who Lives at Home" by the Duplass Brothers, starring Jason Segal, Ed Helms, and Susan Sarandon. Catch it when it opens, it's one of the funniest films of the year.

I give the Boulder Festival an "A" because of the great programming, beautiful location, and the kindness of the whole staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment